Community Engagement Intern
OPride.com – New York, NY
Do you tweet, update your FB status, instagram, and comment on online news regularly? Are you open to learning new things? Do you follow international, Oromo, Ethiopian, or Horn of Africa news?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then OPride is looking for you! We have some exciting projects in the works and looking for smart interns, who can help build, manage and grow our site, and social media presence. It is a great opportunity for those interested in journalism or looking for college credits. Interns work cooperatively with OPride staff on all aspects of newsgathering.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and interviewing sources, and then writing blog posts
- Researching facts and copyediting
- Manning our Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and Google+ channels
- Previewing and approving user comments
- Monitoring and interacting with target audiences to enhance user engagement
- Using social media to source and distribute stories
- Building relationships with donors and community groups
- Monitoring dialogue and feedback on social media outlets
- Analyzing web and social media performance
Desired Skills & Experience :
- Knowledge of social media marketing and online community building
- Organized, able to meet deadlines and be a self-starter
- Excellent writing and editing skills, knowledge of AP Style
- Interest and knowledge of Afan Oromo and Amharic (preferred)
- Experience using curation tools like Storify, and Photoshop (a big plus)
How to apply:
Send your resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line “OPride #SocMedia Intern.” In the email tells us why you are the right candidate.